Is Your Business Prepared for Storm Season?
Storm season is especially trying to businesses in the Southwest Florida region as we experience lightning, high winds and sometimes damaging flood waters. Making a checklist is a preliminary step to take to adequately prepare for a storm. Follow these helpful tips below on what to include on your checklist.
In the event of a Hurricane Evacuation notice:
- Prior to the start of hurricane season, determine the roles of each employee with regards to responsibilities in case of emergency.
- Develop a plan for communication.
- Turn off and unplug all computers, monitors and printer devices
- If you have servers managed by Connect SWFL, do not unplug before contacting us.
- Cover all monitors, keyboards, mouse, computers with plastic bags to help prevent any water damage
- Move any computer equipment from the floor 2-3 feet from ground level
- Make sure you have access to important documents critical to business operations and store them in waterproof containers.
- Maintain a list of designated contacts and documents accessible in an alternate location, accessible off-site.
Download our helpful storm preparation guide here: Connect SWFL Storm Preparation Guide
For more information about preparing your devices for a major storm, contact Connect SWFL at (239) 288-0029.